Nytro

A message from Avast CEO Ondrej Vlcek

A message from Avast CEO Ondrej Vlcek

blog.png 

Avast, 29 January 2020

To all our valued stakeholders – customers, partners, employees and investors,

I’d like to take this opportunity and address the situation regarding Avast’s sale of user data through its subsidiary Jumpshot. Avast’s core mission is to keep people around the world safe and secure, and I realize the recent news about Jumpshot has hurt the feelings of many of you, and rightfully raised a number of questions – including the fundamental question of trust. 

As CEO of Avast, I feel personally responsible and I would like to apologize to all concerned.

Protecting people is Avast’s top priority and must be embedded in everything we do in our business and in our products. Anything to the contrary is unacceptable. 

For these reasons, I – together with our board of directors – have decided to terminate the Jumpshot data collection and wind down Jumpshot’s operations, with immediate effect.

To understand why we have come to this decision, let me give you some context. We started Jumpshot in 2015 with the idea of extending our data analytics capabilities beyond core security. This was during a period where it was becoming increasingly apparent that cybersecurity was going to be a big data game. We thought we could leverage our tools and resources to do this more securely than the countless other companies that were collecting data. 

Jumpshot has operated as an independent company from the very beginning, with its own management and board of directors, building their products and services via the data feed coming from the Avast antivirus products. During all those years, both Avast and Jumpshot acted fully within legal bounds – and we very much welcomed the introduction of GDPR in the European Union in May 2018, as it was a rigorous legal framework addressing how companies should treat customer data. Both Avast and Jumpshot committed themselves to 100% GDPR compliance. 

When I took on the role as CEO of Avast seven months ago, I spent a lot of time re-evaluating every portion of our business. During this process, I came to the conclusion that the data collection business is not in line with our privacy priorities as a company in 2020 and beyond. It is key to me that Avast’s sole purpose is to make the world a safer place, and I knew that ultimately, everything in the company would have to become aligned with that North Star of ours. 

While the decision we have made will regrettably impact hundreds of loyal Jumpshot employees and dozens of its customers, it is absolutely the right thing to do. I firmly believe it will help Avast focus on and unlock its full potential to deliver on its promise of security and privacy. And I especially thank our users, whose recent feedback accelerated our decision to take quick action. 

This change represents a new chapter in Avast’s history of keeping people around the world safe and secure. We’re excited to demonstrate our commitment to innovation and security priorities – with a singular focus in 2020 and beyond. Thank you for your continued support and the trust you are putting into us. We will not disappoint.

Respectfully yours,

Ondrej Vlcek, CEO Avast

Sursa: https://blog.avast.com/a-message-from-ceo-ondrej-vlcek?

• Upvote 2

Produsul asta s-a transformat in adware in ultimii ani, in special de la merger-ul cu AVG... Si nici nu rupe gura targului in materie de tehnologie. Avand in vedere ca exista Kaspersky si Bitdefender moca, de ce te-ai complica cu mizeria asta care iti vinde datele? Cred ca oamenii il mai instaleaza doar din cauza nostalgiei, sau ca au ramas incrustati in vremea aia cand produsul asta era relevant, acum multi ani.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, livebox said:

La dracu cu toate AV  :))

pentru cunoscatori (azor dupa 4000 de install uri). Tot nu inteleg de ce sa mai folosesc av cand oricum este degeaba . Mai imi vand si datele....toate sunt niste mizerii 

File: file

ℹ️ Size: 973312 bytes | (973.31 KB)
ℹ️ MD5: 188a0fe730dfee8b173ac1dd1cb401ca
ℹ️ VT Status: clean

⏱ Scan time: 31-01-2020 16:15:44
️ Scanned in: 7 sec

adaware: [CLEAN]
ahnlab: [CLEAN]
alyac: [CLEAN]
avast: [CLEAN]
avg: [CLEAN]
avira: [CLEAN]
bitdef: [CLEAN]
bullguard: [CLEAN]
clam: [CLEAN]
comodo: [CLEAN]
drweb: [CLEAN]
emsisoft: [CLEAN]
nod32: [CLEAN]
fortinet: [CLEAN]
fsec: [CLEAN]
ikarus: [CLEAN]
kasper: [CLEAN]
mcafeetp: [CLEAN]
mbytes: [CLEAN]
pandagp: [CLEAN]
sophos: [CLEAN]
trend: [CLEAN]
webroot: [CLEAN]
mssec: [CLEAN]
zonealarm: [CLEAN]
zillya: [CLEAN]

: 26
👹: 0

Eu folosesc Kaspersky Security Cloud Free de pe vremea cand a aparut prima data varianta free de la ei, care se numea Free Antivirus... Si nu mi-e rusine sa recunosc ca m-a scos din cateva situatii, cu toate ca sunt vigilent si am experienta in domeniu... Mentalitatea asta ca nu ai nevoie de o solutie de securitate pe Windows, mai avansata decat Defender, mi se pare gresita. Nu exista solutie de securitate infailibila, dar sa ai un nivel de securitate cat de cat eu zic ca nu afecteaza cu nimic, mai ales pe un sistem cu resurse destule... Eu pe 2 sisteme, ambele cu 16gb ram, unul cu 4c/8t si altul cu 8c/16t nu simt ca programul ruleaza...

Si din punct de vedere al cunoscatorilor, ca tot m-ai provocat, un malware care este rezident pe sistem, chiar daca e criptat si trece de detectia initiala, are toate sansele sa fie detectat de mecanismele behavioral blocker al solutiilor bune de securitate. Deci scanarea ta statica nu sta in picioare.

Edited by Guest