Nytro

Security Engineering — Third Edition

Security Engineering — Third Edition

I'm writing a third edition of Security Engineering, which will be published in November 2020.

With both the first edition in 2001 and the second edition in 2008, I put six chapters online for free at once, then added the others four years after publication. For the third edition, I negotiated an agreement with the publishers to put the chapters online for review as I wrote them. So the book came out by instalments over 2019-20, like Dickens' novels. Once the manuscript goes to press at the end of September 2020, all except seven sample chapters will disappear for a period of 42 months. I'm afraid the publishers insist on that. But therearefter the whole book will be free online forever.

You may pre-order the paper book here for delivery at the end of November in the USA and here for delivery in January 2021 in the UK.

Here are the chapters I've put online for review so far:

If you see anything wrong or missing, or you think some aspect of any chapter topic isn't covered adequately, please email me at Ross dot Anderson at cl dot cam dot ac dot uk.

This approach was inspired by the collaborative authorship model pioneered by my late friend and colleague David MacKay for his great books on sustainable energy and coding theory.

I made a video for the launch, which you can watch here. For comments, see our blog here, Bruce Schneier's blog here and El Pais here.

Sursa; https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html