Massaro

Philosophy

E cineva into this? Stiu ca avea @Gecko un topic despre filosofie sau stoicism acum cativa ani, asta daca mai tin bine minte. Still into this?

Stoicism doesn’t concern itself with complicated theories about the world, but with helping us overcome destructive emotions and act on what can be acted upon. It’s built for action, not endless debate.

Niste citate:

— "No one is anyone, one single immortal man is all men. I am god, I am hero, I am philosopher, I am demon and I am world, which is a tedious way of saying that I do not exist."

— "If it's in your control, why do you do it? If it's in someone else's, then who are you blaming? Atoms? The gods? Stupid either way. Blame no one. Set people straight, if you can. If not, just repair the damage. And suppose you can't do that either. Then where does blaming people get you? No pointless actions."

— "Why are we still lazy, indifferent and dull? Why do we look for excuses to avoid training and exercising our powers of reason?"

— "Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your beliefs, but as the votes build up, so does the evidence of your new identity."

— "I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinion of himself than on the opinion of others."

• Upvote 2