SynTAX

Andrei Alexandrescu part ways with Facebook

• Active Members
Hello everyone,

Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D language and foundation, I have recently made the difficult decision to part ways with Facebook, my employer of five years and nine months.

Facebook has impacted my career and life very positively, and I am grateful to have been a part of it for this long. The time has come for me, however, to fully focus on pushing D forward. As sorry I am for leaving a good and secure career behind, I am excited many times over about the great challenges and opportunities going forward.

Next step with the D Language Foundation is a formal talk with the foundation's prospective attorney tomorrow. I hope to get the foundation in motion as soon as possible, though I'm told there are numerous steps to complete. I will keep this forum posted about progress.

I'm also glad to announce that the D Language Foundation already has a donor - I have decided to contribute my books' royalties to it. I encourage others to respond in kind.

Thanks,

Andrei

Articolul complet: http://forum.dlang.org/post/xsqrdgwnzehdmfmvcznn@forum.dlang.org

PS: Pentru cei care nu stiu. Andrei Alexandrescu era pana acum cateva zile inginer la Facebook si actual co-fondator al limbajului de programare D.

PS2: Nu este despre securitate, dar este o stire.

• Active Members

Si ca o adaugare: Cartea scrisa de el, Modern C++ Design este considerata cea mai buna carte de C++ din lume. Asta ca sa va faceti o idee despre cine este si cu ce se ocupa. Libraria Loki din C++ este scrisa de el.

Edited by SynTAX