em

Pranking my roommate with targeted facebook ads

Recently I found myself in need of a roommate and, like many others, reached out to the Craigslist universe. Looking back at the post titled ‘Super Awesome Roommate Needed’, it included more details about the extroverted and energetic roommate (me) than it did about the actual place they would be renting. I had a few takers, but no one that I was interested to live with.

Facebook Ads Prank - Sword Swallower

A few weeks later I received a rather substantial email from someone who had found my full name from the land records, googled me, and even contacted a mutual friend to investigate the match. In his email he explained his “research process” and why he thought we would be awesome roommates and drove the point home by explaining his love for Doctor Who – an addiction we shared. Most people would think this was creepy, but I loved it … because it was exactly what I would have done. We met for coffee and hit it off immediately. I didn’t know this until months later, but he was joking with his friends that “Brian decided I was moving in before I had decided I was moving in.” About a week later he did indeed become my new roommate.

He and I became fast friends and life was rather wonderful. We were both self-employed and often worked from home together in our own little co-working space. We occasionally would hang out with friends together and one day he decided to have some fun with me. He pulled a rather elaborate prank, leading me to believe something that wasn’t true, and reported the deception to our friends in real-time… for over two weeks. When I found out I smiled, bowed my head, and said “very well played … but I hope you know there will be retaliation, and it’s not going to be half-assed – it’s going to be just as calculated.” He looked mortified – and rightfully so.

Full story here.

Sursa: ak4d3a