LefflerHirthe

Lookout scan found questionable "riskware"--looking for advice

Lookout completed one of its usual self-scheduled scans today and has identified two items as "riskware":

com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim

com.android.cts.ctsshim

I've tried online searching to find out what they might be and got nowhere. During the searches, Google is apparently finding the items in the source code for a number of web pages, but the pages themselves don't identify either filename. And because I can't tell if these are system files or app-related crapfiles, I don't feel comfortable about letting Lookout remove them.

Any ideas? 

I'm running a Nexus 6 on the DP5 of Android N. The only app on the phone that was not downloaded from Google Play is an old HTC Gallery app. I also download ringtones at DzwonekNatelefon

Edited by LefflerHirthe

• Moderators

CTS/Compatibility Test Suite is usually used by IDEs to connect to the phone and show how an application that is in development would run. You can find details here.

Have you connected your phone to the computer in the past days to do this sort of tests? If not, did you buy the phone second-hand? The previous owner might have done this and forgot to remove it. I am not using Android and am not sure if this comes by default pre-installed.