adi003user

Xbox 360 uk + Kinect USA

Sal.

Am un xbox 360 modat (falcon) adus din UK. Mi-am dat comanda de kinect din state.

I-am intrebat pe cei de la microsoft romania daca o sa am probleme de compatibilitate si au zis ca nu au idee dar sa sun in state.

Am dat un mail in state si am primit acest raspuns:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Ronnie and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand that you wanted to know if you purchase a Kinect Sensor from US if it will work to your Xbox 360 that was purchased from Europe. I appreciate the opportunity to be of help.

Power voltage differences may damage the Xbox 360 console. Power voltages can be different in different countries or regions. Some conversion devices adapt foreign power supplies to work with local voltages, but these devices may not work as expected. Additionally, these devices often do not work with high-power devices such as desktop computers and Xbox 360 consoles. In some cases, these devices can damage the Xbox 360 console.

Note If you use a power converter and the console is damaged, the console will not be covered under warranty.

Note: The Xbox 360 console is designed to work only with Xbox game discs that are sold in the same region as the console. For example, North American game discs only work with North American Xbox consoles. Similarly, Japanese game discs only work with Japanese Xbox consoles, and European game discs only work with European Xbox consoles.

The following regions use the corresponding game encoding standards:

. North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Brazil): NTSC
. Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan): NTSC-J
. Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, and New Zealand: PAL

Note you cannot modify an Xbox 360 console from one region to play discs or to play Marketplace content that was produced for a different region.

In addition to that, Kinect doesn't have a region code only Xbox console and game disc.

deci e totul ok? nu?

PS. aveti idee cand apare noul firmware ce trece de AP25?

Edited by adi003user

Sal.

Am un xbox 360 modat (falcon) adus din UK. Mi-am dat comanda de kinect din state.

I-am intrebat pe cei de la microsoft romania daca o sa am probleme de compatibilitate si au zis ca nu au idee dar sa sun in state.

Am dat un mail in state si am primit acest raspuns:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Ronnie and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand that you wanted to know if you purchase a Kinect Sensor from US if it will work to your Xbox 360 that was purchased from Europe. I appreciate the opportunity to be of help.

Power voltage differences may damage the Xbox 360 console. Power voltages can be different in different countries or regions. Some conversion devices adapt foreign power supplies to work with local voltages, but these devices may not work as expected. Additionally, these devices often do not work with high-power devices such as desktop computers and Xbox 360 consoles. In some cases, these devices can damage the Xbox 360 console.

Note If you use a power converter and the console is damaged, the console will not be covered under warranty.

Note: The Xbox 360 console is designed to work only with Xbox game discs that are sold in the same region as the console. For example, North American game discs only work with North American Xbox consoles. Similarly, Japanese game discs only work with Japanese Xbox consoles, and European game discs only work with European Xbox consoles.

The following regions use the corresponding game encoding standards:

. North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Brazil): NTSC
. Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan): NTSC-J
. Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, and New Zealand: PAL

Note you cannot modify an Xbox 360 console from one region to play discs or to play Marketplace content that was produced for a different region.

In addition to that, Kinect doesn't have a region code only Xbox console and game disc.

deci e totul ok? nu?

PS. aveti idee cand apare noul firmware ce trece de AP25?

Iarta-mi Romana. Excuse my Romanian(sint plecat de mic din tara si am tendinta sa traduc fraze motamo)

Si eu cautam acelasi raspuns si ti-am gasit mesajul pe Google. Eu locuiesc in USA si ma gandesc sa vind Kinect pe Ebay.uk din USA si ma intreb daca cumparatori vor avea probleme de compatibilitate.

Sint aproapre sigur ca jocul Kinect Adventure nu va merge(I believe it's region locked), dar vreau sa fiu sigur ca nu vor avea probleme cu sistemul. Mersi ca ai pus acest mesaj.

In afara de power supply totul trebuie sa fie OK pentru ca se conecteaza prin USB. La sistemele Slim, nu este nevoie de power supply, pentru ca sint deja echipate cu conectie de power supply pentru Kinect, dar la cele vechi iti va trebuii "external power supply" si este posibil fiind din USA sa ai nevoie de transformator.

Kinect sensor, cel care se vinde doar cu Kinect Adventure in cutie, include si "external power supply". Daca cumparati "bundles" cum ar fi Xbox 360 4GB + Kinect, mi se pare ca nu este inclus.

Apropo daca ai prieteni sau iti mai trebuie vre-o sursa pentru produse de acest gen din SUA let me know si poate putem aranja ceva. Ma joc cu idea dar mi se pare putin riscant avand in vedere cat de isteti si buni sintem noi in general la smecherii plus ca ar fi prima oara cand incerc vanzari internationale. Nu credeam ca se cauta Kinect si in Romania asa repede. Mi-ar place sa pot vinde in Romania daca ar exista siguranta.

Chiar sint curios. In Romania, in domeniul jocurilor electronice majoritatea folosesc systeme Europene, nu?

Edited by AlexInternationalHP