Nytro

Algorithms Course Materials

Algorithms Course Materials

by Jeff Erickson

January 2011 revision

This page contains all my lecture notes for the algorithms classes required for all computer science undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I have taught incarnations of this course eight times: Spring 1999, Fall 2000, Spring 2001, Fall 2002, Spring 2004, Fall 2005, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Spring 2010, and Fall 2010. These notes are numbered roughly in the order I use them in my undergraduate class. More advanced material is indicated by the symbol ?. More information about these notes is available after the notes themselves.

A large collection of old homeworks and exams follows the lecture notes. Most of these homework and exam problems also appear at the ends of the appropriate lecture notes. Except for various Homework Zeros, which are solely my fault, most of the homework problems were written by my teaching assistants:

Aditya Ramani, Alina Ene, Amir Nayyeri, Asha Seetharam, Ben Moseley, Brian Ensink, Chris Neihengen, Dan Bullok, Dan Cranston, David Morrison, Johnathon Fischer, Ekta Manaktala, Erin Wolf Chambers, Igor Gammer, Gio Kao, Kevin Milans, Kevin Small, Kyle Fox, Lan Chen, Michael Bond, Mitch Harris, Nick Hurlburt, Nitish Korula, Rachit Agarwal, Reza Zamani-Nasab, Rishi Talreja, Rob McCann, Shripad Thite, and Yasu Furakawa.

Please do not ask me for solutions. If you're a student, you will (usually) learn more from trying to solve a problem and failing than by reading the answer. If you really need help, ask your instructor, your TAs, and/or your fellow students. If you're an instructor, you really shouldn't assign problems that you can't solve yourself! (Because I don't always follow my own advice, some of the problems are buggy, especially in older homeworks and exams. I've tried to keep the buggy problems out of the lecture notes themselves.)

The previous edition of this material, which includes notes on material I have not taught for several years, including string algorithms and computational geometry. More recent version of these notes, along with current homework and exams, may be available at the official sites for the undergraduate and/or graduate algorithms classes at UIUC.

Feedback of any kind is always welcome, especially bug reports. I would particularly appreciate hearing from anyone outside UIUC who finds these notes useful (or useless)!

Copyright. Except as indicated otherwise, all material linked from this web page is Copyright © 1999–2011 Jeff Erickson. Anyone may freely download, print, copy, and/or distribute anything on this page, either electronically or on paper. However, nothing on this page may be sold in any form for more than the actual cost of printing and/or reproduction. For example, you are welcome to make local copies on your own web server, but you are not allowed to require an access fee (such as tuition) to view your local copy; that's the same as selling it. If you distribute these notes, please give me proper credit and please include a pointer to this web page (Jeff Erickson's Algorithms Course Materials). If you're a lawyer, read the legalese.

Download:

http://compgeom.cs.uiuc.edu/~jeffe/teaching/algorithms/everything.pdf

Mai multe: Jeff Erickson's Algorithms Course Materials