Matt

Twitter apologises for its adverts hijacking faces

twitter-bird-white-on-blue-270x167.png?1363898427

MICROBLOGGING NETWORK Twitter has apologised for taking its users' faces and rolling them into its promotional material.

A blog post on the firm's website explains what happened and how bad it feels about it. Twitter says that it created some mock tweets to use in marketing guff without thinking about the fact that there might be a body behind the avatar.

"An earlier version of this blog post included an image with mock tweets from real users of our platform," it says.

"This was not OK. Once we became aware of this mistake we took it down immediately. We deeply apologize to the three users included in the earlier images."

Twitter has named the three users affected. Apparently Twitter had put words in their mouths to say something positive about coffee. One responded saying, "don't do this again", while another questioned how it might have ever happened.

0176hbejkoc5kg6hhkve.png

Twitter has not revealed how it happened. The trio's images appeared in a blog about some new Twitter marketing business. The Twitter post says that the fake tweets have been removed, but it still has a slide stamped "revised" that clearly shows three different Twitter users gassing about coffee.

"The [ad] is giving me the coffee shakes. Looks so good," says one, "I wish I could make fancy lattes like in the [commercial]"
, says another.

They are revealed on closer inspection to come from the Twitter marketing department, which makes us wonder why no one thought to use safe, in-house people in the first place.

Sursa TheInquirer.net