u0m3

Analysing RPC With Ghidra and Neo4j

Title: Analysing RPC With Ghidra and Neo4j

Synopsis: Hunting for new lateral movement techniques or interesting ways to execute code can be a nice way to sink some free time. With Windows spawning numerous RPC services on boot, finding unusual execution techniques is sometimes as simple as scratching just below the surface. And often the payoff far outweighs the time to discovery, with SOC or EDR vendors focusing on the more common published techniques, identifying a new way to introduce code execution on a host can throw a spanner in the works of the investigating team.

In previous posts I've tried to look at different ways to mix up common attack signatures. Since working on posts exploring Mimikatz and lsass internals, I've had a few requests for information on how the demonstrated lsass DLL loading techniques were found, and how it may be possible to identify others. So in this post I wanted to present a workflow which I have found to be a useful when looking at Windows RPC method internals, and walk through some of the techniques I've used to minimise the grinding required to hunt for interesting vectors.

Sourcehttps://blog.xpnsec.com/analysing-rpc-with-ghidra-neo4j/

Via

• Upvote 2