DS

How to write a tutorial?

Tinand cont de ce scrie la Tutoriale:"Tutoriale in limba romana cat si engleza"

What are tutorials/tuts?

They are user written guides for anything. They are much better than a help file because they give good answers to

common questions. They show you what you want to know, not everything.

Why are you talking about this?

Ever since the dawn of time there has been the nothing. I've seen many tutorials of which suck balls. I am writing

this to help those people, and to maybe give something more to the people who are already good at it. I am grateful

for all the people that write tutorials, and the ones who write them good get a cookie. Those ones are the ones that

show what you downloaded/viewed that tutorial to know. These are the ones who tell you what you care about, and who

explain it. You know who you are .

What can it be about?

ANYTHING! Most people here want security though.

- Flash

- Premiere

- Photoshop

- Security (hacking)

- DVD Authoring

- DVD Burning

- Tweaks

- Music

- Fruity Loops

- PHP

- ASP

- MySQL

- XMB

- Apache

- Linux

Anything!

How do I write a tutorial?

Well there are several main factors to doing this...

You need to be interesting

Dont put your readers into boredom by stating the fact. Interest them, screenshots, examples, be freindly. Write it

naturally.

You need an example

This is much liked in a tutorial. An example. People like to see the process of what you are writing about. It helps

them better understand it. I wrote a tutorial on flash animating DVD Buttons, i have tons of screenies and reference to

'The Lord of The Rings' dvd menu. If you are writing on security, choose a victim! Make your own server to hack into.

Make it good.

The Facts

Make sure you know what you are writing about. Do not lie. Do not talk about things you dont know about. Make sure you

are giving it to them 'as it is' but in your own words.

Copyright and Disclaimer

Everything is nice when its copyrighted . Go light on this, let people use your words but make sure you tell them to give

you credit. No one likes a plagarist.

Disclaimer, if you are righting on security i strongly suggest this. Make sure you are stating what the risk of acting

upon this knowledge is. Make sure they know the consequences. And tell them that you are not responsible for the abuse

of this information (copyrights [dvd], hacking).

Overall

Give them something they can learn from. Teach them what they want to know. Help them. You will be a seeder of the world,

you will spread the things you learn onto future generations to keep alive the topic you write about. The people who write

these things are good people, willing to share their knowledge. You see them on irc, thank them, complement them.

Thats all.

Bafta