Nytro

wow64ext finally compatible with Windows 8

[h=2]wow64ext finally compatible with Windows 8[/h]October 19, 2013 / ReWolf

I’ve some good news for everyone who was complaining that wow64ext library doesn’t work on Windows 8. I’ve researched this topic a bit, and I’ve released fixed version of the library. Problem was very simple, but it couldn’t be fixed with just one line of code. On Windows 8/8.1 x64 version of NTDLL is loaded at address above 4GB, it wasn’t the case on previous versions of Windows, as x64 NTDLL was always loaded below 4GB. Also some of the system structures are mapped above 4GB (PEB_LDR_DATA64). To fix all the issues I had to introduce new memcpy-like function that can copy data from addresses above 4GB to addresses that are accessible by the standard x86 code. I’ve also fixed problem with case-sensitive GetModuleHandle64 that popped up recently. Below you can find direct link to the updated library:

Link to library hosted on google code: rewolf-wow64ext - WOW64Ext is a helper library for x86 programs that runs under WOW64 layer on x64 versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. - Google Project Hosting

Direct link to zip package: http://rewolf-wow64ext.googlecode.com/files/rewolf.wow64ext.v1.0.0.3.zip

Sursa: wow64ext finally compatible with Windows 8