c0dek

Hacking Team advises customers to stop using its tools after massive leak

Hacking Team, the cybersecurity firm which saw 400GB of private data published on Sunday night in a humiliating hack, has been forced to advise customers to stop using its software while it assesses the damage caused by the leak.

A spokesman for the company recommended that clients, who are largely law enforcement and national security agencies who use Hacking Team to provide surveillance capabilities, suspend their operations while the company determines what has been exposed.

“We would expect this to be a relatively short suspension of service,” the spokesman told Reuters. He also confirmed the breach, saying: “Law enforcement will investigate the illegal taking of proprietary company property.”

The massive data dump obtained a number of awkward files for the firm, apparently showing that Hacking Team sold its hacking tools to repressive regimes such as Sudan and Bahrain – despite denials from the firm that it dealt with such nations.

But the data dump also contained the source code of a number of the company’s tools. Those tools, which take advantage of vulnerabilities to let users to hack into smartphones and desktop computers in order to spy on their targets, are now available for all to dissect, and researchers have already found some security flaws that could allow the hackers to be hacked.

The source code dumps have also allowed researchers to discover which vulnerabilities were being exploited by the company to enable its spying tools, and software companies are racing to fix the newly uncovered holes. Mozilla’s security team has promised it will pay out its standard bounties to the first person to file a report with them on such a vulnerability.

The company was named as one of the five “corporate enemies of the internet” in a Reporters Without Borders report three years ago, for its position as a “digital mercenary”.

Source: Hacking Team advises customers to stop using its tools after massive leak | Technology | The Guardian

Download:

Torrent Links:

http://infotomb.com/eyyxo.torrent

Mirror:

https://ht.transparencytoolkit.org/

Source Codes:

https://github.com/hackedteam?tab=repositories

“Law enforcement will investigate the illegal taking of proprietary company property.”

Am o mare nelamurire, cum dracu reuseau sa vanda aia asa 0day-uri, botneti, sisteme de spionaj etc, legal, cu factura, ca la noi daca accesezi un email te incadreaza pe 7 articole de lege si risti inchisoare ca cum ai fi omorat pe cineva.

Ok, nu le foloseau ei propriu-zis, insa simpla detinere e fapta penala, chiar si la italieni.

Dafaq ?

Simplu. Ei le vindeau în special b?ie?ilor care reglementau acele legi, evident c? puteau face excep?ie. Când e vorba de servicii de contra-spionaj ?i defensiv? faci orice ca ?i minister al ap?r?rii ?i ?i-o tragi ?i cu du?manul.