Nytro

Un{i}packer

Un{i}packer

Unpacking PE files using Unicorn Engine

The usage of runtime packers by malware authors is very common, as it is a technique that helps to hinder analysis. Furthermore, packers are a challenge for antivirus products, as they make it impossible to identify malware by signatures or hashes alone.

In order to be able to analyze a packed malware sample, it is often required to unpack the binary. Usually this means, that the analyst will have to manually unpack the binary by using dynamic analysis techniques (Tools: OllyDbg, x64Dbg). There are also some approaches for automatic unpacking, but they are all only available for Windows. Therefore when targeting a packed Windows malware the analyst will require a Windows machine. The goal of our project is to enable platform independent automatic unpacking by using emulation.

Supported packers

• UPX: Cross-platform, open source packer
  • ASPack: Advanced commercial packer with a high compression ratio
  • PEtite: Freeware packer, similar to ASPack
  • FSG: Freeware, fast to unpack

Usage

Install r2 and YARA

pip3 install -r requirements.txt
python3 unipacker.py

For detailed instructions on how to use Un{i}packer please refer to the Wiki. Additionally, all of the shell commands are documented. To access this information, use the help command

Sursa: https://github.com/unipacker/unipacker