Nytro

Prolific Hacker Unmasks Himself

Prolific Hacker Unmasks Himself

ByPYMNTS

Posted on March 14, 2016

According to reports by The Next Web, a leader of one of the world’s most notorious hacking teams has elected to unmask himself.

The hacking team in question is GhostShell, a collective that, in recent history, has gone after the FBI, NASA and the Pentagon. And that’s just in the U.S. It has also made server attacks on Russian intelligence.

That was 2012. Then, nothing for three years, just quiet, until 2015, when they came back, packing some punch.

“This time, a much darker, seedier version emerged, hell-bent on destroying anything in its path and leaking information through its ‘dark hacktivism’ campaign for seemingly no other reason than to prove it could,” according to TNW.

And then, using a generic email account, someone identifying himself as “White Fox” approached TNW — the name being important because it was also the moniker of a 2012 hacking operation pulled off by GhostShell.

As it turns out, the hacker, who identifies himself as G. Razvan Eugen, has started an email list for journalists so that he can tell his story. The text of that letter is copied below.

So, is Eugen for real?

As verification, he provided a login to the Twitter account that GhostShell uses to disseminate information. He also offered photos, email accounts and even the private Twitter account he had been using to communicate for several years. All in, most tech journalists believe that while there are not locks in this business, this is as close as one could hope for.

So, why come clean?

According to correspondence between Eugen and TNW:

“I just want to own up to my actions, face them head on and hope for the best. What I really want is to continue being part of this industry. Cybersecurity is something that I enjoy to the fullest, even with all the drama that it brings and legal troubles.”

“In return, I hope other hackers and hacktivists take inspiration from this example and try to better themselves. Just because you’ve explored parts of the Internet and protested about things that were important to you, doesn’t mean you should be afraid and constantly paranoid of the people around you.”

Sursa: http://www.pymnts.com/news/security-and-risk/2016/prolific-hacker-unmasks-himself/

• Upvote 1

Rep.: Nu crezi ca vor exista repercursiuni din partea autoritatilor? 
E.G.: Ba da, la fel cum au existat si in cazul altor hackeri. Uite de exemplu, Team Code, compania lui e la 5 minute de mine. In 2013, am fost la el sa-i cer o slujba. Am vorbit cu el la telefon. Totul a fost ok pana i-am spus cine eram. Dupa aceea a inceput sa imi ceara exploit-uri zero-day (n.r. - un exploit folosit in ziua in care a fost descoperit)

Team Code? :)) @Stealth

On 16.03.2016 at 5:46 PM, Nytro said:

Rep.: Nu crezi ca vor exista repercursiuni din partea autoritatilor? 
E.G.: Ba da, la fel cum au existat si in cazul altor hackeri. Uite de exemplu, Team Code, compania lui e la 5 minute de mine. In 2013, am fost la el sa-i cer o slujba. Am vorbit cu el la telefon. Totul a fost ok pana i-am spus cine eram. Dupa aceea a inceput sa imi ceara exploit-uri zero-day (n.r. - un exploit folosit in ziua in care a fost descoperit)

Team Code? :)) @Stealth

Habar nu am dacă ar trebui să râd la faza asta știind că aberează foarte mult (poate chiar în totalitate).

De menționat:

- Nu am vorbit niciodată cu el la telefon sau prin orice alt mijloc de comunicare.

- Știu doar atât de la un coleg: că a venit într-o zi la firmă să se angajeze (prin 2014).

- Nu a susținut vreo secundă că ar avea vreo legătură cu GhostShell.

- În cadrul interviului i-au dat un site să îl verifice.

- A văzut "index.php?id=1".

- A zis fără să verifice nimic, că este vulnerabil la MySQLi.

- Începuse să caute video-uri pe youtube despre "How to SQL Inject" de față cu, colegul meu. :))

- Nu a reușit să demonstreze.

- Ce exploit-uri 0day să îi ceri ăstuia având în vedere cele spuse mai sus?

- A ieșit pe ușă zicând tot el că nu vrea să se mai angajeze și că își face propria firmă.

End of Story.

On 3/19/2016 at 5:46 PM, Stealth said:

Habar nu am dacă ar trebui să râd la faza asta știind că aberează foarte mult (poate chiar în totalitate).

De menționat:

- Nu am vorbit niciodată cu el la telefon sau prin orice alt mijloc de comunicare.

- Știu doar atât de la un coleg: că a venit într-o zi la firmă să se angajeze (prin 2014).

- Nu a susținut vreo secundă că ar avea vreo legătură cu GhostShell.

- În cadrul interviului i-au dat un site să îl verifice.

- A văzut "index.php?id=1".

- A zis fără să verifice nimic, că este vulnerabil la MySQLi.

- Începuse să caute video-uri pe youtube despre "How to SQL Inject" de față cu, colegul meu. :))

- Nu a reușit să demonstreze.

- Ce exploit-uri 0day să îi ceri ăstuia având în vedere cele spuse mai sus?

- A ieșit pe ușă zicând tot el că nu vrea să se mai angajeze și că își face propria firmă.

End of Story.

=))))))))

Și și-a și făcut propria ,, firma " :))